Saturday, October 8, 2011

What's on the menu for Thanksgiving?

Hey guys, I know it’s been a while, but I’ve been quite busy with classes (well, one) and my myriad projects. Anyways, I went all-out for my first Thanksgiving on my own.

Cranberry sauce:

1 12 oz bag of cranberries
1 cup white sugar
1 cup orange juice

Dissolve sugar in orange juice on medium heat, add cranberries, cook until they explode.

Potato Salad:

5 lbs of peeled white potatoes, sliced and pressure cooked 5 minutes at 80 kPa
mayonnaise, not that Miracle Whip rubbish
dried dill
chopped green onions
6 hard-cooked eggs (not boiled)

Sausage/apple stuffing:

toasted stale bread cubes
pork sausage
diced Spanish onion
sliced celery
mint leaves
whole rosemary
powdered sage
olive oil
chicken broth
chopped apple

The best gravy I’ve ever made:

turkey drippings (frozen to skim fat)
red wine
powdered sage
whole rosemary
corn starch

Roasted carrots/green beans:

Wrapped in foil with orange juice and olive oil

Homemade toffee

Storebought apple pie

A chilled French rosé

Delicious, but I'm guessing I'll be eating it over and over for the next two weeks :P . Next time, I'll just go home, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment